Rifle Range, Hindhede, Seletar East 27May17
Today, we have a guest, JS's gf. The five of us had fun with a pair of released Helmeted guineafowls at the carpark before heading to Jelutong Tower.
List at Rifle Range from JS:
- Pink-necked Pigeon 10
- Thick-billed Pigeon 5 - Pairs seen flying in the distant.
- Banded Bay Cuckoo 1
- Plaintive Cuckoo 1 - heard only
- Square-tailed Drongo-Cuckoo 1 - heard only
- dark swiftlet sp. 20
- Blue-throated Bee-eater 2
- Dollarbird 1
- Common Flameback 1 - heard only
- Blue-rumped Parrot 7 - A flock of 7 seen flying in the distant. Identified by call, robust head and short tail.
- Long-tailed Parakeet 1
- Blue-crowned Hanging-Parrot 2
- Black-naped Oriole 2
- Greater Racket-tailed Drongo 2
- Pacific Swallow 1
- Olive-winged Bulbul 6
- Cream-vented Bulbul 2
- Common Tailorbird 1
- Dark-necked Tailorbird 1 - heard only
- Pin-striped Tit-Babbler 1
- Short-tailed Babbler 1 - heard only
- Oriental Magpie-Robin 2
- Asian Glossy Starling 20
- Common Hill Myna 11 - Predominant species calling in the forest with pairs and small groups seen.
- Javan Myna 2
- Greater Green Leafbird 1
- Orange-bellied Flowerpecker 1
- Plain-throated Sunbird 2
- Olive-backed Sunbird 2
- Crimson Sunbird 3
Con left after lunch and the four of us went to Hindhede. A Sunda Scops-Owl was still around.
Next, we went to Pulau Punggol for the Horsfield's bronze cuckoo, but it started raining, so I left. The three of them proceeded to Seletar East and together with Low CH, who was there, managed to see one far away.