Saturday, May 13, 2017

Kranji Marsh, Hindhede 14Apr17

From KH

Today, Con, Danny and I went to Kranji Marsh.

Some of the resident cuckoos were very vocal: Rusty-breasted, Banded Bay, Violet. The Blue-eared Kingfisher was still around.


Female Blue-crowned Hanging-parrot hanging around


Male Pink-necked Green-pigeon enjoying the morning sun


One of the resident pair of Large-billed Crow checking me out

A Blue-winged Pitta called briefly. Will it stay to breed?

A Yellow Bittern was still hiding in the reeds.


Same tree, different perch. Left: Brown Shrike, right: Yellow-vented Bulbul

A Japanese Sparrowhawk was heading north.


Riding the thermals high up

The resident Black-winged Kite was friendlier.


After lunch, Danny and I went to Hindhede to look for the Sunda Scops-owl family, and Danny found the 2 fledglings!


You can't see my sibling just beside me!

The other interesting sighting here was a family of Straw-headed Bulbuls feeding their fledgling.


Feed me, feed me!

Colugo:"Whatcha looking at?!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I read your blog with interest. I am an Australian bird enthusiast and visiting Singapore next Saturday. Wondering if the Sunday Scops Owls are still around? andrewpimartin@y7mail.com

    ReplyDelete