Khatib Bongsu, Japan, Kuwait 31Mar07
Khatib Bongsu
From KHThis week our destination was Khatib Bongsu, mainly because Straits Times reported that this area is to be closed for SAF use on April Fools' Day. We really wonder if this was an April Fools' joke. The other reason being that we missed both rare cuckoos - Large Hawk and Chestnut-winged. Today, we probably saw the Large Hawk-cuckoo, but it kept flying away before we could get a good view. The bird of the day though, is a Green-backed Flycatcher. Other birds of note are the resident CHE and a flock of >10 Ashy Minivets.
Japan
From YamaneKuwait
From RobertToday I stumbled across (and purchased) a beautiful book "Birds of Kuwait" containing 400 colour photos. I was surprised to learn that there are 380 recorded birds in Kuwait....the book also give details of 34 bird-watching sites in Kuwait....as soon as I get wheels (hopefully within 1 week) I will start active birding.
I have moved into a serviced apartment on the Arabian Gulf road. I look right across the beach to the sea. I have taken a few walks down the beach and also one boat trip to an off-shore island and have sighted:
- slender-billed gull
- black-headed gull
- yellow wagtail
- white-cheeked bulbul
- red-backed shrike
- collared dove
plus the common myna, stonechat and sandpiper.

No comments:
Post a Comment