Thursday, May 17, 2012

Karimun 3Mar07

From KH

Today's a fruitful day. We took the Karimun ferry from Harbourfront to Karimum, Indonesia. We got our target bird - Aleutian Tern. The surprise find, however, was a single Wilson's Storm-petrel seen from the ferry. It was a black bird flying just above the surface of the sea and it had a clear white rump.

From Con

Thanks for your company today in our quest for the Aleutian Terns. We saw about 9 ... the first one in flight, the second two together perched on a single piece of driftwood, and the remaining 6 perched individually on driftwood. Some were too far to shoot.

Here is what I got, examining the time stamps & angles, I got 5 individual birds which I've labeled 1 .. 5 (although really starts with birds 2&3 since I didn't get the flight shot). I have two views of what I'm calling bird number 3.

This is as much juice as there is, all are 100% crops, so there is no more details, too bad we didn't have a longer lens in action.

Birds 1 & 2

Bird 3

Bird 4

Bird 5

No comments:

Post a Comment