Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Clementi Woods 20Mar21

From Con

Female Black-naped Monarch at Clementi Woods. Others have got better photos of the bluish colour of the head of the bird, and I got some incredible looks also, but missed those photos. However, I was an early arrival, only Frank was there when I arrived, and I got photos that others didn't. I also heard the bird sing a few times. According to Wells, the immatures look like females except adult female has a brown iris, immature has a grey iris. Try to see this difference in the field! ©Con Foley


From KH

I had to work in the morning, but glad that I made it in time to see this one day wonder at Clementi Woods. By this time, after noon time, she was higher up and hiding.


This male Brown-throated Sunbird was a distraction while we searched for the monarch.


Danny and JS were on Kusu Island. They only saw distant terns.

No comments:

Post a Comment