Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sweden 05-21May15

From Con

I am off to my ancestral homeland so I won’t be birding locally.

19 May

Today an experienced (40 yrs experience) took me around for a morning of birding. There is a known spot where there is a rather crazy bird. He will come out of the forest and bite your legs and hit you with his wings. You have to use a long stick to keep him away!! To get back into the car had to blow the horn. Then he chases the car down the road!!


Capercaillie

We also got black grouse, crested tit, black-throated loon and some other forest birds. But it was really rainy.

Then went to coast and got a flock of about fourty dunlins. Turns out the person who told me they had already gone North was simply wrong. Also broad-billed sandpiper, sanderling and some more.

http://www.pbase.com/con_foley/europe

No comments:

Post a Comment