Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hort Park 21Apr13

From Danny

Last Sunday, I went over to the matured residential area with the typical colonial black/white bungalows clustered between AYE and Hort Park. I parked my car at the junction of Hyderabad and Canterbury Road, infront of a heritage tree (unlikely to fall). On foot, I found out it was a huge place with matured trees.

The highlight was an adult Crested Goshawk with well developed crest, perched on a bare tree at Winchester Road facing Normanton Park, not sure it was the same adult bird I saw at the forest patch between Malan Road and TB Street 31? It took me almost 20 min to walk back to my car and drove over but the raptor had left, no pic.

This is a nice place to walk and bird with shady trees and friendly residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment