Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fraser's Hill 27Jul-1Aug12

From Con

Weather was sunny and dry, no leeches. But bird activity was confined to early hours and very late afternoon. Only three new species for me, the Yellow-throated Marten, a Speckled Piculet and a Bamboo Woodpecker.

No Rusty-naped Pittas seen or heard. I tried for Marbled Wren Babbler around the Phenology Trail area, no luck. I spent a lot of time on The Old Road and down in The Gap. I got trogons every day! And I had a nice long session with the Black Laughingthrush, those birds sure have a nice variety of calls.

But the bad news was Fraser’s Hill and Kuala Lumpur were blanketed with smoke haze from Sumatra. It was quite bad, PSI must have been over 100. I but I see the PSI is okay here in Singapore.

Yellow-bellied Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment