Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sentosa 06Jun13

From Con

I finally went to Sentosa today and it wasn’t hard to find the Chinese Hwamei. They were not calling, but a little encouragement with playback got the first one to burst into song just after the waterfall on Imbiah Trail. Then near the top of the trail just before the entrance to Megazip another one, even more vocal was seen. They sure do sing and call loudly! I also heard what I thought was a Blue-winged Pitta but observing the bird carefully I could see that every once in a while the Hwamei made a sound very close to a Blue-winged Pitta.

At both spots were I saw the Hwamei I saw only one bird, I was expecting laughing thrushes to be a bit more social and thought I might see a small flock, but I only saw one at each location. I saw the birds between about 8 am to 9 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment