Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wuyuan 28-30May13

From JS

Here is the link to my trip report.
(For downloading)
(For viewing)

Briefly, I went to Wuyuan, Jiangxi Province, from 24-26 May 2013. Took a 3.5h bus ride to Wuyuan from Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, and went birding with a local photographer (paid him 1000RMB). My key targets were the critically-endangered Blue-Crowned Laughingthrush (only known to breed in Wuyuan!) and the Elliot's Pheasant. Saw the former and dipped on the latter. Nevertheless, I cleaned up a couple of easy ticks, allowing me to get a total of 16 lifers for the trip. Other tricky birds seen were a pair of Short-Tailed Parrotbills (probably the northernmost breeding ground?) and a lone immature male Silver Pheasant (Pheasants are generally hard to find without waterholes or feeding stations).

No comments:

Post a Comment