Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pulau Punggol, Halus 13Feb14

From Con

This morning I went to PB to try again for the Lanceolated Warbler. They didn’t call spontaneously at all. Finally I played a couple minutes of tape and I got a weak response from one bird, but no movement, so I gave up.

At the pond not much activity. The stint has gone but the Little Ringed Plover is still around. The pond continues to dry up. Only new bird at the pond one lonely Common Greenshank.

Then I went to Halus where I got the possible Dusky Warbler. At home I have listened to the calls on Xeno-Canto and the call was most definitely much more like the Dusky than Arctic. As soon as I saw him feeding low I thought Dusky, got my bins on him to confirm he was a warbler, and then tried to get a photo but failed. If I had kept me bins on him I my have mentally recorded more features, but I dropped the bins and went for the photo.

I walked up and down the track for an hour looking for him but no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment