Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pulau Punggol 29Dec13

From Con

This morning I tried for the warbler at Pulau Punggol. I put my speaker on the yellow plastic bucket and almost immediately a Lanceolated Warbler could be seen hopping on the ground approaching the yellow bucket within about 2 – 3 feet to check out the sound. But it was too quick for me and it was also under the cover of the mimosa plants, so no photo, and then it hopped off quickly and didn’t stay around. So a while later I moved the yellow bucket about 15 feet further down the track and tried again; and once again the warbler was hopping on the ground, but again too quick for me.

After that the warbler would respond to playback by singing, but wouldn’t come close to investigate. At least I got to see the warbler. Several other people were there too, so it might get difficult to get photos of the warbler as I expect he will get taped out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment